a superior work It is the largest and most important surface in the kitchen, so it is important to choose it well. To make the most appropriate decision that best matches your cooking preferences and characteristics, it is important to do a preliminary study. You have to consider the different materials available, taking into account their properties and their prices. All aimed at finding the best balance between aesthetics and functionality.
The color, texture and finish of the countertop will be crucial in the design of the room. The truth is, the style and design of the kitchen has changed dramatically in recent years. The traditional ones are gone floor tile to make room for the worktop that lifts the dashboards, and in some cases even continues along the sides.
How to choose your kitchen worktop step by step
- Laminated: laminate countertops are one of the most popular. They are made of flooded and have multiple sheets on the surface, which protects them and gives them a very elegant finish. They are very inexpensive and easy to install. Of course, its durability and strength are inferior to those offered by other materials like quartz or granite.
- Quartz: Quartz is a 100% recommended material because it has high resistance to abrasion, impact and humidity. The reason? It is not porous. Currently, you can find a very wide range of finishes and colors on the market.
- China: porcelain countertops are very resistant to abrasion, stains and heat. It is characterized by its remarkable durability. It has two main advantages: it does not burn and is not porous.
- Granite: If you want your kitchen countertop to last with you for many years to come in perfect condition, granite is an extraordinary material. It is very resistant to color, impact and scratches. In addition, the current models have antibacterial and water repellent treatments. It is a very easy to maintain and clean material.
During the buying decision process, you should know that the bottom of the counter is the standard measurement 63.5 centimeters. As for the height, it is essential to calculate the height at which you want to place the worktop in the kitchen since it is a surface that you will use daily. The standard height is 85 centimeters, although this depends on the base units installed below.
For people who have a the size it is between 1.50 and 1.70 meters, the worktop must be placed at a height of between 90 and 95 centimeters. For tall people, between 1.90 and 2 meters, the ideal height of the worktop is 100 cm above the ground.
On thickness, thick countertops are currently worn, more than 4 centimeters thick.
One of the most important aspects that you should pay attention to when choosing the countertop is the song form. One of the most common is the single edge, which ends in a straight line with exactly the same thickness as the countertop.
If you want to soften the edge a bit, the half-turn song it is the most suitable for your kitchen. The finish is rounded at the top, and just at the bottom.
One of the most popular edges today in modern kitchens is the round. As the name suggests, it does not have a straight edge. In addition to being very aesthetic, it prevents the edge of the worktop from being damaged by the blow.
Kitchen countertops trends in 2019
It is always worth keeping up to date with the latest trends when choosing a countertop design. Pay attention to what 2019 is wearing this year.
- Natural stones: Today, everything is naturally fashionable in the field of decoration (natural fabrics for bedding, plants even in the kitchen or the bathroom …) We therefore use marble, white and black. Great choice if you want to achieve the most elegant and sophisticated effect in your kitchen.
- Plank: While many people still dislike slate finish counters, there is every reason to believe that they will be seen more and more. A very marked texture, which gives the room a very particular and original air.
- Natural wood: Natural wood has never been one of the most popular choices when choosing countertop material. And it is not very resistant to humidity. However, anti-humidity treatments are currently applied to the most effective woods. So, if you are looking for a warm and welcoming atmosphere, you can add some vitality to a natural wood countertop.