As it is well known, vegan they reject the consumption of foods of animal origin. This also applies to its derivatives such as milk and eggs. That is why the need arises to prepare delicious recipes that are easy to prepare.
That said, the idea is to make a rich, egg-free omelet suitable for vegans.
With ingredients that are very easy to find, you can prepare this dish with a salad.
The taste is characteristic of the traditional tortillas and its very similar texture.
Here is the step by step to learn how to prepare this recipe at home.
How to prepare a tasty potato omelet without eggs?
To make a potato omelet without eggs, you need to get the following ingredients:
- 5 medium potatoes
- 1/2 onion
- 120 gr of chickpea flour
- 135 ml of water
- 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric,
- Olive oil
- Salt to taste
Once all the ingredients are available, we continue to prepare the recipe. The first thing to understand is that the preparation does not contain eggs, so you have to get something that achieves the same consistency.
- In a bowl, combine the chickpea flour with the water, turmeric and vinegar. All the ingredients are gradually integrated until a homogeneous mixture is obtained. Leave to rest for a few minutes.
- Then we continue to cut the previously washed and peeled potatoes. They are cut into thin layers and set aside.
- The onions are also eaten, to get a few pieces in the tortilla. It will all depend on the taste of the people who are going to eat.
- In a frying pan, heat enough oil to Brown the potatoes and onion. Add salt and cook for a few minutes. The potatoes are golden to brown according to the consumer’s taste.
- When the potatoes are ready, they are drained and poured into the mixture prepared with the flour initially. Mix well until everything is dense.
- Finally, heat a little oil to make the omelet. When the pan is hot, pour in a small mixture of tortillas and cook on both sides. Stir as many times as needed until cooked through. And ready to serve with a rich salad.