We call each plant herbal fit for consumption only fresh or cooked Fresh or green legumes are also vegetables like peas or beans. As vegetables we can name the green organs of plants such as leaves, tender stems and inflorescences.
Vegetables are classified depending on the part of the plant to which they belong:
- Results: Pepper, eggplant
- Bulbs: Garlic, onion, cheek, shallot
- Cabbage: Cabbage, broccoli, Brussels sprouts and cauliflower
- Péponides: zucchini, pumpkin and cucumber
- Roots: turnips, radishes, table beets and carrots
- Inflorescence: Artichoke
- Young stems: Celery and asparagus
- Young leaves and stems: lard, chicory, thorns, endive, endive, spinach and lettuce.
Nutrition Experts Recommend Consumption At least 400 gr per day because they have the following properties:
- Due to their high water content, they facilitate the elimination of toxins
- They provide fiber which helps the gut do its job to prevent diarrhea and constipation
- They provide vitamin C and provitamin A.
- They contain antioxidants
Frozen vegetables retain all their properties and we get them all year round. In addition, several studies suggest that frozen vegetables retain all their properties at best because they are frozen at the best time of harvest. Frozen broccoli has been proven to contain more vitamin B than fresh and frozen spinach has more vitamin C than fresh.
The key to all this is that vegetables are frozen in which the vegetables are collected from the garden and in a short time they are subjected to very low temperatures. thus preserving all his property. Deep freezing prevents the growth of microorganisms, prevents the loss of nutrients and maintains the quality of the product much longer.
Another benefit of frozen vegetables is that you can get them all year roundEven though they’re out of season, affordable, and always clean and ready to eat, that’s why they save you a lot of work.
Myths and truths about frozen vegetables
- Frozen vegetables do not contain preservatives, as cold is their natural method of preservation
- Frozen vegetables have no additives or added salt
- Frozen vegetables keep all of their properties intact and arrive in your kitchen with the same quality, vitamins and minerals and fresh produce or even with more nutrients than fresh properties.
- Frozen vegetables are super fresh as they are collected from orchards and taken to factories where they are washed and covered, then subjected to a deep freezing process at temperatures below -20 ° C, all under strict safety controls. .
- Frozen vegetables are much more convenient than fresh vegetables because they have already been washed and peeled and some can be used directly without subjecting them to the melting process.
- Frozen vegetables are more ecological because they do not generate waste since they are ready to use.
Tips for cooking frozen vegetables
Frozen vegetables and vegetables are very easy to prepare because no defrost is necessary before that. When you’re about to use them cooked, place them in a saucepan with plenty of boiling water, salt, and a little baking soda to keep their original color.
You can cook them in different ways:
- fry them in the wok or in a pan with a little oil. It is advisable to add the vegetables little by little so that the water evaporates quickly.
- Another way to prepare them is steamed with a bamboo pot or similar
- If you want to cook them, you have to add them andboiling water and leave them al dente i.e. they are not very soft
- You can also cook them in microwave using a sachet with two tablespoons of water and a small opening. In four minutes they will be ready
- When cooking frozen vegetables you must have a container with ice next to it add the vegetables after cooking and cut the cooking so that the vegetables retain their colors intact.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do frozen vegetables expire?
The freezing process food expiration time increases, however frozen vegetables still have an expiration date which must be indicated on the packaging
Why are frozen vegetables cheaper?
Mar they are harvested on the dates of greatest abundance so its price is cheaper
Are frozen vegetables at home the same?
Home freezers freeze fresh food at higher and longer temperatures, hence domestic frozen vegetables. they do not keep their properties in the same way than those subjected to the process of industrial freezing
What does breaking the cold chain mean?
Frozen foods must be stored between -18 and -25 ° C when passing through the various distribution points, otherwise food can spoil and contaminate with microorganisms harmful to health.
How to buy frozen vegetables?
Frozen vegetables should always be purchased from establishments withKeep them at -18ºC. With the exception of spinach and cartilage which come in a lump, the rest should be loose, because if they form a lump, they indicate that the cold chain is broken at some point. Frozen products should be purchased last when the rest of the purchase is complete to avoid melting on the way home.