The name might sound a little strange to you, but once you know all the benefits it can bring you, you’ll want to know what it is. As the name suggests, rejuvelac It is a refreshing drink because it is rich in probiotic enzymes and flora which will improve your intestinal flora.
Rejuvenation is a fermented drink made from wheat grains sprouts soaked in water for a while to ferment. If you don’t have wheat kernels for rejuvenation, you can use seeds or any other type of grain.
The name comes from French and reflects its refreshing properties both inside and out. In recent years this has been done very popular and even called “brandy” for its medicinal properties.
For its short duration, rejuvelac cannot be purchasedThe only way to take it is to prepare it with our own hands, which means that it is a probiotic that you can get very cheaply. Because it is a fermented drink, its proteins are broken down into amino acids and carbohydrates into simple sugars and with that you can add the large amount of vitamins and minerals that it provides.
Rejuvenation widely used in vegan cooking to ferment cheeses or to make lemonades or smoothies and the most interesting of all is that it provides very few calories in view of so many advantages.
Benefits of rejuvenation
- As a fermented drink, it provides many enzymes and probiotic substances that help you digest food and keep the colon clean and healthy.
- It stimulates the growth of lactobacilli which helps keep your gut in good condition
- It helps to improve irritable bowel discomfort
- It helps restore the intestinal flora and prevent gas and poor digestion
- Provides lactic acid and vitamins B, E and K.
- It strengthens the immune system
How are you preparing?
Rejuvelac is a fermented drink made from wheat grains, but you can do it with any type of grain.
- 50 g of lentils
- The water
- Elastic or tape
- 2 glass jars
- 1 glass jug
- 1 piece of cotton fabric
Wash the lentils, put them in a jar and cover with water. Let them sit for 15 hours then drain the water without rinsing. Cover the pot with a cotton cloth and rubber band and let it germinate for two or three days. Now add water until it coats the sprouted lentils two or three times. Cover the jar with the cloth and let stand another day. Filter the resulting liquid and place it in the refrigerator. It is taken with fruit juices or soups or also for use in homemade masks.
To prepare rejuvelac, you can use any cereal you have at home, however if you use quinoa it will be very easy to do
- 150 gr of quinoa
- The water
- 1 clean glass jar
- 1 eraser
- A piece of tulle
Place the quinoa grains in the glass jar and cover with water. Let stand 8 or 10 hours to soften the grain and after this time drain it. Cover the quinoa with water up to three times its volume. let stand for at least two days, then squeeze out the liquid, that is, the rejuvelac is ready. You can keep it in the fridge to add it to your favorite drinks
- The more water you use, the gentler the rejuvenation will be.
- The higher the temperature, the stronger the rejuvenation
- If the temperature is too low, germination will take longer
- With the residual germs from the first rejuvenation, you can prepare an additional half a liter by allowing the water to ferment overnight.
- When the drink becomes very sour or has an unpleasant odor, throw it away and repeat the process to enjoy a fresh rejuvenation.
- Remember to store it in the refrigerator, as the high temperatures ferment the rejuvenation too much and it is not pleasant to eat.
- The glass jars you use should be sterilized to avoid contamination.
- Make sure the area where you prepare it is clean and well ventilated
How can you build it?
- You can take the rejuvelac as if it were water
- You can take it at any time of the day or drink it on an empty stomach if you feel it.
- You can also take it to relieve a heavy stomach after eating too much or after eating something too heavy.
- If you don’t want to take it yourself, you can add a few drops of lemon and drink it cold as if it were lemonade.
- You can add it to your favorite fruit juices or to your fruit and vegetable smoothies
- You can add it to the soup water
- Rejuvelac not only has internal use, it can help improve your external health as it has a toning and moisturizing effect. You can add it to your homemade creams, or to your favorite masks.
- If you apply it on your scalp, it will greatly improve its appearance.