At Vivir Hogar, we love to talk about your garden and especially the plants that you can get the most out of. In this case, we want to tell you about a variety that is becoming quite fashionable and that you can easily find in kindergartens and specialty stores. We refer to hibiscus, a plant that you can find in different colors and varieties that can adapt to any space in your garden. Do you dare to know him better?
a genus Hibiscus It includes about 250 species that live in temperate and tropical regions of the planet. Plant lovers know it well because it has very beautiful flowers. It belongs to the mauve family, which also includes the cotton plant. In Spain we know the most hibiscus planted in our gardens. Hibuscus rosasinensis or Chinese rose and hibiscus siriacus or Syrian rose.
Although these two are the the most common Hibiscus varieties in Spain, there are many others. In fact, they are readily available to order at plant and flower stores. And precisely on a very special topic that we want to tell you about today at Living Home.
The largest medicinal hibiscus
But today we are going to talk about a variety of medicinal hibiscus also known as hibiscus sabdariffa also known as Jamaican rose. The flowers of this hibiscus are used in infusions with a pleasant and intense red taste, which is why it is called red or carcaded tea. It is used to soothe the body in very hot weather and as a remedy for digestive problems and even muscle problems.
a Roselle It is a plant that can reach up to 3 meters in height. Its leaves are divided into 3 or 5 lobes and the large flowers are yellow in color and turn red when they disappear. These dried flowers are used to make red tea.
Medicinal properties of hibiscus
- It is ideal for anemia and weakness and also for relieving lack of appetite
- To relieve heavy digestion or even relieve fullness
- After meals, it helps digestion
- It helps fight the heart
- It is a good relief for constipation
- Helps reduce high stress
- Helps remove toxins and fluids
- Fight nasal congestion
- Improves blood circulation
The best way to keep hibiscus is through the calyxes of the flowers. If you have the plant at home, you can cut it and make it yourself. However, if you have not yet managed to get hold of it for your garden, you can find it in drugstores.
How To Make Jamaican Water
To prepare this infusion you will need:
- 2 tablespoons calyxes of Jamaican hibiscus flowers
- 1 liter of water
- brown sugar
Boil the flowers over low heat for 15 minutes in the liter of water. Cover them to preserve aroma and flavor. Sweeten it with brown sugar and put it in the fridge to cool before drinking to quench your thirst.
Stomach Pain Remedy
You will need:
- 1 tablespoon of hibiscus flowers, sage, lemon verbena and green anise
- 1 glass of water for each tablespoon of the above herbal mixture
- Boil the mixture for 15 minutes. Tense and relax
- Drink an infusion of sugar to your liking after each meal.
Remedy for circulation
You will need:
- Hibiscus flowers, red vine and blackcurrant.
- 1 glass of water for each tablespoon of the previous preparation
- Boil for 15 minutes, strain and relax
- Take it on an empty stomach
a hibiscus flowers they are also used in cooking to make jellies and jams. They are also used to decorate cakes and ice cream.
Take hibiscus, it will brighten up your life and improve your health thanks to its many benefits. Remember in any case that what we told you applies to Jamaican flowering hibiscus, and not to other varieties of the same plant. So if you don’t want to miss out on all of these properties, I think it’s time for you to try it out at your nearest florist, right?