The ability to eat healthy, fresh, organic foods is one of the many benefits of build a vegetable garden. Not to mention the satisfaction of being able to collect and use the products grown with their own hands.
If you’ve always dreamed plants herbs, greens and greens, now is the time to make that happen. There is no limit to what they are worth. With these tips, you can achieve the best results. You just have to plan and act.
Steps necessary to set up a family garden
If you have children, use their help to to arrange a garden at home. Most children love to participate in the task by playing with the land, learning about cultures and taking care of nature. Consider the usefulness and make an action plan taking into account the following suggestions:
- Orchard site. The most important thing is to choose a site where your plants can develop fully. Ideally, it should be the one that allows you to receive the sun’s rays. It is estimated that most plant species have around six hours of natural light to grow properly, so give this some thought before deciding where to plant them. Avoid overexposure, as too much sun can damage its leaves.
- Selection of varieties. There are many vegetables that can be grown in a vegetable garden. Some of the recommended options are tomatoes, carrots, peppers, spinach, peas, lettuce, spring onions, and radishes. If you prefer an indoor garden, you prefer small species, so you can place your garden on the walls, on the terrace or in a corner of the kitchen. Don’t neglect aromatic herbs like basil or oregano. They will give the room a wonderful smell.
- Choice of pots. When designing a garden, you need to very carefully choose the containers in which to place the plants. What is convenient is that these are pots with holes for the drainage to work properly. Make sure they are deep so that the roots form properly. Specialists recommend an average of 7 to 15 centimeters, because they contain endless species.
- Secure nutrients. No plant will do well without nutrients. Therefore, it is necessary to choose a good soil, with different types of substrates and fertilizers. This will help meet specific needs and prevent the onset of the disease. The resulting soil must simulate the conditions of the natural habitat of the plant, allowing oxygen to enter so that the humidity is concentrated.
- Sowing method. Seeds or shoots can be used to propagate plants in gardens, the latter being the easiest to use. The process is very simple. Just open a large hole, squeeze the substrate around the plant and water, preferably a can of water.
- Irrigation. It is well known that one cannot survive without water, but if there is anything to consider, that is why not all plants need the same irrigation. The amount of water and how it is supplied varies depending on the type of plant. While simple dew may be enough for some, the roots will need an abundance of fluid. A good strategy to follow is to install a drip system. You should also consult an expert at times of the year when your plants will need a higher or lower water content, as this usually varies depending on the temperature and humidity of the environment.
- Fruit. Products with concentrations of nitrogen, potassium and phosphorus (NPK fertilizer) prefer flowers and vegetables. You have to make sure that these three components reach the plants in the garden, as they are their food for better development. Carbon sequestration is also not possible, even though it is mainly found in the air.
- Pests. You should always be aware of the appearance of pests that can harm your plants. Aphids and pests are the most common, so try to find insecticides that can fight them. There are plants that replant them on their own. Examples are onions, garlic, cilantro, lavender and mint,
Ensures optimal results
As soon as a Home & GardenYou just have to worry about taking care of it and ensuring its maximum performance. Diversify the crop and scale of crops, always thinking about your own consumption needs. If your demand is low, think more about variety than quantity.
You can rows of crossed plants for fast growth, and others for slow development, so you will always have room for those who need it.
If you are setting up your vegetable patch in the garden, you can use hedges or hedges to protect and support climbing plants. Remove weeds. It will bring your garden to life.