Have a Antique furniture that they are very ugly, but you don’t want to throw them away because you have some affection for them? Well, it turns out that you don’t need to get rid of it, you can apply chalk paint or better known chalk paint, which is water based.
This technique is very easy to useMoreover, with it you can create any design you want. So, those things you don’t want to say goodbye to may seem new.
In this article, you can find some tips that you can apply to create the design you want so badly:
Material you must have
- Chalk paint, it can be liquid or sprayed
- Colorless varnish
- Stencil template (one of your choice)
- Sandpaper, possibly medium grain
- Painter’s tape
Brush dry, the first coat you apply to the object with this paint, in this case it should be white.
Once you have dried, take a brush and fill it with another color of paint, then place them on paper until you see that there is hardly any paint on them. Then you will give it light and very short brush strokes in the corners.
This will give your furniture a completely natural look.
- Clean the furniture or object before starting.
- You can sand it on the surface to make it smooth. Favor alcohol. If that is the case coat of paint You can remove it with sandpaper.
- It is important that you apply the paint with a toothpick, this will prevent bubbles from forming.
- You can add water if you feel very close.
- Apply two coats of fine paint to the object.
- You can apply it with a brush, microfiber rollers or a sprayer, the latter will help you remove the harshest parts.
- Then let it dry and that’s it.
The finishes are ideal to give a better look to your object. Here are the following:
- Wax: this will give things a satin appearance. It can be applied to such furniture or objects to house in the house or office.
- Varnished– Very suitable for outdoor furniture because this varnish is matt, which will give a beautiful matt appearance to the chalk paint.
- Crackle: the layers of different colors will have a unique effect.
- Stripping: well known to designers, because it gives that vintage look.